Rigging IRL :-)

 The past few weeks I've been working on a series of 3d characters for Uproar Comics Zombies! App

 
  
, as part of this I've been devoting some time to researching retargeting mocap animation to a rig. I've retargeted animation between duplicate rigs/rigs with similar nodes before but never between completely different rigs so it's definetly been an experience, currently experimenting with Motionbuilder & Inkinema in my pipeline to try and establish as simple a workflow as possible. Below is the test model/rig I created for the process.




Additionally the past week I started building this robotic arm kit, the mechanical/electronics side is almost complete, it's so far proved a fun experience, once complete there is a usb interface and control software for the servo controller as well instructions on writing your own code/interface. A few months ago I dabbled with OPENFRAMEWORKS and I'm looking forward to seeing how I can bridge the gap!