2D Collective Mangathon!

Joining in with the craic with 2d collective guys and this week the theme is manga so my immediate thoughts were mechas and chicks with guns! :D Ive never done any manga before so this should be interesting!


I did a photo montange first taking references from all over the shop to come up with the basic composition i had in mind and references I need. Im going for conventional proportions but gonna mangafy the facial features and cell shade everything. Generally I do my line work free hand but everyones work at the 2dC is soooo crisp and I feel a bit out of my depth! so i'll have a wack at pen tool.

It took me about 2 days on/off to get the pencils/roughs to this stage, I'll get the refined inks done by this evening and a day or 2 to block the colours and add highlights, I havent done any serious 3d in over 2 weeks so if I have time I'll have a stab at one of the characters!
S.